We Need Your Help! Ardmore PTSA Volunteers 2022-23 School Year
Here’s your chance to see what’s happening in school, meet other parents, or just have fun with the kids! Ardmore is always looking for parent volunteers to help with school events, teacher/class support, and projects.
Some roles are posted by Ardmore staff, and some are organized by the Ardmore PTSA. But they all help support students. You do not need to be a PTSA member to volunteer.
Roles can be adapted to fit your needs. Whether you can give one hour or many – it ALL helps Ardmore! Ready to learn more? Get in touch.
General school support:
- Games Night (Sept. 30): Help set up, run games, sell pizza/samosas/tacos and drinks, sign up members and volunteers, or take down after the event. Fun evening to get involved!!
- Picture Day parent guides (Oct. 25): Help students get to and from the photo taking area, maintain quiet lines, and prepare for photos.
PTSA ongoing volunteer roles:
- Teacher Appreciation – Want to be the most loved parent at school? Help show our Ardmore teachers and staff how much they are appreciated, especially during this trying time. We’ve already got a budget in place for you to work with!
- Fundraising – Can you help us find fun, creative ways to support Ardmore’s teachers (grants, supplies), students (field trips, fun events, classes) and families (emergency help for rent, food, utilities)? This involves creating fundraising opportunities like Mod Pizza nights, the annual Ardmore Olympics, or working with local businesses for donations. We also encourage our parent community to contribute and share how we’re responsibly using the funds.
- Website Manager – Ardmore uses WordPress to share who we are, events, and announcements. Help organize and present to make all this easily discoverable. Keep the site up to date, review for content updates, ensure good SEO practices, configure WordPress as needed, and help with migration to a new host.
- IT Administrator – Help the PTSA run online to keep connected with the Ardmore community. Examples include setting up email aliases (G Suite), granting access, and domain management.
- Financial Review: We need parents who aren’t PTSA officers to look over the financial records 1-2 times per year and ensure that our books reflect our reporting, helping to provide accountability.
- Events – Bring your ideas and energy to help with Science Fair, movie nights, fall festival, and more! We team up to have fun and build our Ardmore School community.