Help Lead the Ardmore School PTSA!
Ardmore PTSA needs you! Executive board member positions of president, vice president, treasurer and secretary for the 2021-2022 school year are now open for applications.
Apply here or contact email@example.com for more information.
Ardmore PTSA (Parent Teacher Student Association) is a non-profit organization run entirely by volunteer parents like you! We look forward to nominations of either yourself or someone you know for the Executive Board.
Why join the PTSA executive board?
Ardmore PTSA plays an integral role in your child’s school experience at almost every level:
- additional classroom supplies
- funding field trips
- author visits and fun, educational assemblies
- communication between school and home – newsletter, Facebook updates
- and community events – The Olympics, Harvest party, Science Fair, family fun nights, etc. This past year has obviously been an exception to what our PTSA can and usually does do, but we hope next year will be closer to normal!
- community support for families in crisis. The PTSA support’s Ardmore’s family connection center, to help with rent assistance, utilties, and helping families find community resources. As we’ve seen this past year, this is vital for all of Ardmore’s children to learn and thrive.
Without volunteers for the PTSA’s required board positions, none of the above is possible.
What are the responsibilities for each position?
President – The President is the spokesperson for the PTSA, and presides over all meetings. The president communicates all information about PTSA’s purpose and programs, and with all committees about current programs. ~5hrs/month
Vice-President – The Vice President’s duty is to support and assist the President in all above-mentioned activities.
Secretary – The Secretary’s main role is to write meeting minutes/notes and to maintain a printed archive of decisions made at meetings. ~2hrs/month
Treasurer – The Treasurer’s duties are to maintain financial records (using an online banking program), present financial reports at meetings and the best of all: the treasurer gets to write checks. ~5hrs/month
No prior experience required for any of the positions, you will be trained by current position holders before next year. We would love to have you on board!